AFL 2 years ago

Coaches want game time reduced, want post Rd 23 bye wiped

  • Coaches want game time reduced, want post Rd 23 bye wiped

    ADELAIDE, AUSTRALIA - JULY 07: Hawks head coach Alastair Clarkson looks on during the round 16 AFL match between the Port Adelaide Power and the Hawthorn Hawks at Adelaide Oval on July 7, 2016 in Adelaide, Australia. (Photo by Morne de Klerk/Getty Images)

A recent coaches survey that will be fully published in the AFL record this weekend, suggest that coaches want game time reduced, rather than leaving it at the current 20 minutes plus time on. 

61 percent of the 18 coaches prefer the game time to be reduced while the other 39 percent prefer the game to stay the way it is in terms of length.

Coaches have also voiced their opinion on the post Round 23 bye with 100% of the coaches wanting it abolished for next season.

During the week, more results were revealed with majority of coaches labeling Patrick Dangerfield as the number one player in the competition, however if they had the choice, they'd chose Lance Franklin. 

It's also been revealed that coaches believes Melbourne big man Max Gawn has overtaken North Melbourne's Todd Goldstein as the game's number one ruckman. 

0 0
please wait...